[Note: there are several videos in this post. If you can't see them in Firefox, try again in Internet Explorer.]
There's a wonderful conference in Pennsylvania next weekend (Jan 29-31) They called Educon 2.2. Attending in person is $175, but attending digitally is FREE. They are going to stream the sessions using Elluminate. There will be a link on each session which will take you right to the live stream from the presentation. If you want to use the mike for questions, a USB set up is best as it minimizes feedback, but you can also use the chat function of the program.
What is Educon?
EduCon 2.2 is both a conversation and a conference.
It is not a technology conference. It is an education conference. It is, hopefully, an innovation conference where we can come together, both in person and virtually, to discuss the future of schools. Every session will be an opportunity to discuss and debate ideas — from the very practical to the big dreams.
Guiding Principles of EduCon 2.2
- Our schools must be inquiry-driven, thoughtful and empowering for all members
- Our schools must be about co-creating — together with our students -- the 21st Century Citizen
- Technology must serve pedagogy, not the other way around
- Technology must enable students to research, create, communicate and collaborate
- Learning can — and must — be networked
You can register from the website (http://www.educon22.org/attending_educon) and also join into the wiki.
- Join the EduCon website and post a short bio and photo
- Browse the Detailed Schedule and read about the conversation offerings, sketch out which sessions you would like to view. (all posted times are EST)
- Follow the streamed elluminate sessions by going to the EduCon session description and click on the Stream Here link.
- Follow the twitter hashtag #educon
- Post questions, offer links and resources, from the comfort of your own living room, all throughout the weekend.